Sunday, March 23, 2014

Costumes

I have a love/hate relationship with costumes!
I love and appreciate a good costume. I am in awe of people who spend time to create an amazing costume.
I hate costumes for myself...I feel pressure, I refuse to take time to create one, and I would rather buy or borrow a costume.


My town LOVES costumes! People find any excuse to dress up. Halloween is the biggest holiday--I swear it is bigger than Christmas! Costumes happen for: dances,  Nordic, downhill, and  telemark ski races, parades, a typical Wednesday...anything! I have avoided events due to the fact I didn't have a costume to wear.


So, the Al Johnson Uphill/Downhill ski race is one of those events. I did it 4 years ago with my oldest child. We joined a teacher group costume as a hot tub. Super easy: they had bought those bad bikini t-shirts and Sully wore a floaty around his waist, swimsuit, and few other accessories. We also joined late, so the hot tub was created without my help (a built of guilt...). Oh well, I was part of a costume event.
For the 40th anniversary of the event, I skied it with my youngest. Unfortunately, my oldest had a fever so he had to stay put. We had gorgeous weather! Great costumes to admire! I used the benefit of texting to get our costumes. Candy was our theme & I sent out 2 texts to friends...candy corn and M & M costumes were ours to use! Perfect!













































2 comments:

  1. Personally I can't stand figuring out costumes...my creative daughter has always loved them. I admire fun costumes like you have on in the picture. I also love that you live your life really loving outside. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also not a fan of figuring out costumes. Thankfully, however, it is a skill my husband excels at. Each year for Halloween, my boys come up with an idea for a costume and then they cobble something together that is just amazing. I always fall back on 50's sock hopper, nurse, or gym teacher.

    ReplyDelete