Sunday, March 24, 2013

Inspiration

Where do you find you inspiration--externally or internally?

My motivation and inspiration comes from both places. Lately, I have had to rely on external influences to get me out the door or run longer than usual.
  • blogs
  • articles
  • race reports
  • race websites
  • other runners
All of these things have motivated me to run a bit longer or harder or to get out the door. I am back on track with my training. As I look ahead to my week of family and work commitments, I plan my run. Will it be in the early morning or can I run in the daylight after school?

Looking ahead to my season of races gets me fired up. It also holds me accountable to my training. Despite my competitive intentions, I love my daily run. It balances me. Keeps everything in perspective and brings me joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment