Friday, February 22, 2013

Tearing Down Roadblocks

During my run today, I came to terms with roadblocks that I have been allowing to stop me in my tracks or diverting my energy elsewhere.

Identifying the roadblocks is the first step.

Tearing them down will be the next step.

The roadblocks are present in my running, professional life, and personal. They are tricky. They are disguised as potholes, large barriers, and small detours.

I am creating a list of my immediate roadblocks and creating a plan to take them down (or make them smaller so maybe I could hurdle over them).

Dr. Seuss's birthday is in a week. So in honor of the good doctor...I have chosen a mantra for the week!

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact
and remember that Life's
a Great Balancing Act.

And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 1/4 percent guaranteed.)
     KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!
                                           --Oh, The Places You'll Go


Maybe not mountains, but at least I'll move a roadblock or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment