Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Kindle

WRITE. Every day in March write a slice of life story on your own blog. SHARE. Link your post in the comments on each daily call for slice of life stories here at TWT. GIVE. Comment on at least three other slice of life stories/blogs.
I love my Kindle.


I received a Kindle for Christmas a few years ago. I was hesitant and reluctant to embrace ebooks. The paper, dog ears, cover art were going to be a thing of the past for me; I wasn't ready.


Slowly, I read one then another then another. Conversion happened. I couldn't stop. The swish of a finger and a new page appears. I love my Kindle.


With my professional books, I don't use my Kindle. I need to write in those, dog ear important pages as well as put sticky notes throughout the book. It is what works for me.


Also, I have a hard time buying ebooks. I have my library card number memorized. The system works great; I put books on hold then I get an email from the library and I can check it out.


Through the Kindle, I have discovered new genres and authors. Some days I went looking for new books and other days they found me.


I love my Kindle.

3 comments:

  1. I am trying to convince my daughter that she would love a kindle. She literally maxes out her library card constantly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought I'd be a fan of ebooks either. Yet, slowly it happened and I now prefer them. I tend to get a lot of free books from Amazon. I guess I really should check out how to do it at my library, I'm sure I'd have a better selection that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my Ipad too. I haven't ordered from the library yet, but I love the back light and I can borrow books from my husband's I pad too! I love this new tech world. xo

    ReplyDelete