Three to four mornings a week, I wake up early to run. It took some time to make my early morning jaunts feel normal, but now I can't imagine not being a morning runner. Don't get me wrong. I look forward to Wednesdays. I rarely run on Wednesday mornings.
1. Training partner. Knowing that my friend will be waiting for me at the corner gets me out of bed on the coldest of mornings. I don't want to let her down.
2. Coffee machine with a timer. Just a wee cup before I run.
3. Clothes pile. I organize my running clothes the night before. When the alarm goes off, I scoop up my gear and head to the bathroom to change.
4. Goal. I pick a race to run every few months that requires me to train; a race keeps me motivated.
5. Sanity. Without running, I would go crazy. It keeps me balanced and helps me deal with stress.
6. Joy. Running makes me happy!
7. Inspiration. Many of my best ideas for teaching come to me when I am running (or in the shower).
8. Energy. On the days I run, I feel better throughout the day.
|Some days I return a bit frosty.|