Monday, March 24, 2014

Today Technology Was an Asset!

Today technology worked in my favor! Some days I experience glitch after glitch after glitch.


Not today and I was ready for it not to work. Plan B was being formed as I gingerly opened the SMART notebook file. Projector on. SMART board cable plugged in.


I tentatively turned back to the laptop. So far, all looked good. But it has fooled me before. Next thing I know, the bright blue background of the Jeopardy game appeared. It worked! Ready for action.


For one hour, we reviewed fractions and probability to prepare for an upcoming math assessment. The students worked in partners, had rich discussions about math when they hit the $500 level questions, and were bummed when I had to shut it down.


Finger crossed for tomorrow's lesson!


WRITE. Every day in March write a slice of life story on your own blog. SHARE. Link your post in the comments on each daily call for slice of life stories here at TWT. GIVE. Comment on at least three other slice of life stories/blogs.

2 comments:

  1. Yippee!! And on a Monday too! Congratulations on a successful technology experience. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about how you had to have a Plan B...I guess that's a con of technology, since we rarely had to have a Plan B when armed with a solid "non-tech" lesson. I'm glad it worked out and you had a great lesson! I'm enjoying having a Promethean at my disposal this year, too.

    ReplyDelete